Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Post-Baby Update

Hi, Everybody πŸ‘‹

Wow, I apologize! I really didn't mean for a whole 9 months to go by without an update! Especially since I realized the other day it probably would have been nice to let everyone know that all is okay--baby is wonderful, I'm fully recovered (though chronically sleep-deprived) and hubbs is great too. 

Our son was born Sept 23rd: A healthy, beautiful boy πŸ˜ŠπŸ’– Ugh, I just want to eat his cheeks lol. He's been pulling himself up and taking first steps; I think we're in for it now. It's just so amazing being a first-time Mommy...but man, I won't lie and say it's bliss haha. As all you parents out there know, caring for a baby is HARD work. My recovery was pretty rough, I couldn't walk for the first week so it took me a little while to get back on my feet (literally). I'm also still breastfeeding/pumping, which takes a lot of my time and energy. Side note: I am hungry all of the time, you guys lol. Like I just want ALL the food to the point that eating has become a full-time job. Not that I'm complaining. I love to eat. Yum.

In other news, we were finally able to tackle finding a nice daycare for little man so I think some normalcy is back in sight as far as a writing schedule. But I just wanted to post a quick update to let you all know not to worry. We're doing great, and thank you so much for all the lovely comments/messages πŸ™ You guys are the best πŸ’“

I did just finish training at a new day job with better schedule and hours--life is good *grin*--so you can bet I'm seriously itching to get banging on the keyboard again. I'll post another update soon!

Hugs,

πŸ’žJM



22 comments:

  1. Yaaaay babykins! Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was wondering if your gonna continue to write because it's been do long?

      Delete
    2. You bet! Oh gosh, I don't think I'll ever stop writing ;) It's what feeds my soul <3 But it has been harder for me to squeeze in time for updates since baby. I've also never been a fast writer to begin with so I apologize for the lengthy waits. But they are coming! Don't you worry :D

      Delete
  2. I am so glad everything is going well for you. Yes, the sleep deprivation is the absolute worst part! I was a zombie. And yes, babies take an amazing amount of time. I had been worried. I would check your blog and Facebook every month looking for an update. So, I have started rereading all your books again, but I have lost count now of how many times. Your books are just so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Maeve <3 And you definitely nailed it, total zombie zone over here LOL. Upside? It's made any writing time that much more precious, this girl don't play haha.

      Delete
  3. So glad ya'll are doing great and the pieces are falling into place. The bf munchies are a real thing so dig in, you'll use every calorieπŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s so good to hear from you! Congratulations on the new baby and glad you’re doing better. Can’t wait to read more on the Askari. I’ve read the series a dozen times and will wait as long as I need to. Hope all goes well at your new job. Good luck, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy all is well. Congratulations on your newest addition. I’ve been re-reading your books which has sustained me. Take your time! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Askari series and found this page after wondering if there’s more to come. You’ve had A LOT on your plate and nothing is more important than taking care of yourself, and your family including precious new baby! Hope to read more when you’re ready to share. Sending all the caring, good vibes I can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have re-read all your books and want to share my support of you as an author. I would love to see more Askara books and a follow up on the next fae book teaser. Being a working parent is no joke, take care of yourself and family first. I am eagerly (and patiently) awaiting future works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! I love your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I just wanted to tell you that you have an amazing talent for writing. I fell in love with your books! Especially in the Askara series. You are doing a really great job!!! ❤️ Will you continue this series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Book 4 is in progress now. I'm just not a fast writer haha. I think I have at least 7 or 8 books currently planned? ...Xaphan, Braxas, Tannin, Krim/Jinn, Vepar, Raum, and also probably at least one female Askari book. I'm sure there will be more, as more characters are introduced ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeyy cannot wait to see how the stories will play out. You are a brilliant writer

      Delete
  10. <3 <3 Awww, thank you so much, you guys!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your kind words ;) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! They just come to my email first for approval ;)

Patreon Launch

I am so pleased to announce that the Patreon Page is now LIVE ❣  everybody! For all of you that have been asking and messaging, I've re...